Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Islamabad that was......






Above is a picture of Secretariat blocks in Islamabad from the earliest days of the Capital. So beautiful , so peaceful ...like the rest of the country in those days . Interesting , isn't it ? So much peace prevailing during the era of a "bad , evil" Field Marshal .

Years went by and one ruler came after another, each claiming to be the sole savior for this nation and each destroying it more and more in it's own unique manner. Each and every ruler had his own version of "prosperity" and "progress" . From the "Quaid e Awan" ZAB to Gen Zia and ,the horrible musical chairs between PPP and PMLN , The evil Dictator Musharraf ,  to the Guy Smiley Zardari , we had a lot of unique characters rule and fool the Nation. Each new leader proved worse than his predecessor.

Then we had Nawaz Sharif with his never ending Metro buses, flyovers , underpasses and Motor ways. It seemed that this carnage would never stop. I had voted for the first time in my life . I voted for PTI as I believed it was a party that had a broad vision . I did not believe that PTI would form Government , but I was determined to do my bit. To my relief , PTI managed to form a Government in KPK .

I was very excited ; I thought that finally , there would be a shift in the way the country had been headed for so long. I started looking forward to a better future for our next generation.

But wait, what was this ? What was this trend of "Dharnaas" and "protests" picking up pace? I had not voted for PTI so that I would be seeing protests ! I wanted to see progress ...real progress and not protests day in , day out that were continuosly disrupting the Nation.

The "dharnaas" spread....and they spread..like a cancer. They started becoming more violent ; anyone who did not go to dharnaas was scoffed at and looked down upon as a 'traitor' or even worse , as being 'mentally retarded.'

The Dharnas became like a massive termite nest , that started gobbling up the country. They are unstoppable now. The "Inqilaabis" are mentally drugged with the illusion that they are making History. They think they are making a Naya Pakistan. They are doing NOTHING except setting fire to the old one, Literally.

At this stage, it is too late to stop them. They are seriously "high" from the drug of "Inqilaab" IK has given them. They would burn the entire country down if IK asks them to. God knows , they are making a serious effort.

All I can do is ask ALLAH to help us . Help this Nation out of the mess it has gotten into. Help us see where we are headed before we completely ( God forbid) disintegrate Pakistan and help ourselves to it's bits and pieces.......

No comments:

Post a Comment