Wednesday 9 July 2014

Hi....
I don't think I need to introduce myself as I would be very much better off with a blurred identity. I am a guy in his late 30s , an Engineer by profession and a lot of other things as well. It's these "other things" that have been prompting me to write a blog for a long time now.I love to read , love the smell of books and love coming across books that have not been "shortlisted" for any prize but are gems on their own. I watch a lot of movies and am a big fan of mystery and horror movies. Thanks to these, I have developed an extremely vivid imagination that can turn a shadow into the most macabre monster imaginable. I love to eat and this is something that has gone out of control ; I find myself "comfort eating" more often than not , which is not healthy at all. I am pretty much introverted although I do have 'bursts' of socialization which do not last very long. I feel exhausted after there bursts . I feel as if I have been doing something I am not just made for . Such encounters never leave me fulfilled the way books do . Even food seems to be more emotionally gratifying than people !

 There seem to be too many ideas going around my head, both wanted and unwanted , that I want to manage. Obviously, the unwanted ideas need to have a exit so the wanted ones can stay behind and turn into actions. If you look at my blogger id , Normanbate , you might have an vague idea as to why I have decided to write a blog !

The problem is , there seem to be little or no exit for these ideas. Take , for instance , my absolute fascination with ...hmmm....the Universe , wildlife , history , ancient civilizations as well the occult and obscure , to name a few. I am fascinated by a lot of things that other people seem least bothered about . That is quite distressing , really. I share a lot on Google+ and Facebook but it seems that the only things that seem to get any reaction from anyone are scantily clad bikini models. I could never figure out why we are not thrilled by the dazzling beauty of this Universe and are so easily "moved" by female  fitness models or other such 'objectionable' stuff.

This is my very first attempt at blogging. I have a lot to talk about but I am clueless as to how to organize my thoughts . So the blog would more like some sort of amorphous animal that would hopefully develop into some kind of structured life form ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment